Tuesday 13 August 2013

Humourus Hearing!


My wife and I laughed when John, a neighbor, told us how his hearing aid occasionally emits a high-pitched squeal that can be heard by anyone near him. His granddaughter was sitting on his lap one day when the device started to beep.
Surprised, the granddaughter looked up at him and said, "Oh, Grampa, you've got e-mail

 

While talking with my semi-deaf uncle one evening, I noticed that his "hearing aid" was actually an earphone from a old transistor radio. The wire had been cut and was sticking out of his shirt.
"How does that help your hearing?" I asked.

"Don't help my hearing none. Makes people talk louder." 

 

During a medical assessment before moving into a retirement home, a nurse asked my grandparents, "Do you need hearing aids?"
"Yes," my grandmother answered. "But he doesn't like his, never wears it and leaves it at home."

Then she added, "I always carry mine in my purse."


 

One man's request was for his hearing. The evangelist spit on his finger, put it in the man's ear, prayed for him and then asked him, "How's your hearing now?"
He said, "I don't know - it's next Tuesday."


 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment